Many people on the forum have told me that the touchscreen does not work on the Apple Watch Series 4. As you all know, we cannot use the Apple Watch without a screen. After researching, I find solutions to this problem. So here is the article in which I will share these solutions with you.
Let’s try this method and get some benefit.
Note. If that doesn’t work, plug your Apple Watch into a power source, then force a restart.
Solution 1: Force restart (hard reset)
Hold the side button and digital wheel head at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2. Disable the water lock
Rotate the Digital Crown until the Apple Watch indicates it is unlocked (or) hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 3: Remove accessories
1. Remove any protective films such as tempered glass, anti-scratch covers, etc. from Apple Watch. Because they can block the screen.
2. Remove the cover and bumper from Apple Watch.
3. Force restart your Apple Watch.
Solution 4. Close all applications.
Sometimes, if you are using more apps in the background, this can also be the reason for the non-response on the screen.
1. Press and release the side button once.
2. Now you can see a list of applications running in the background.
3. Then just swipe right on the app.
4. And select the “Remove” option to remove it from the background. That’s all.
Solution 5. Clean your Apple Watch
Do not use cleaners, compressed air, abrasives, soap, ultrasonic cleaners, or external heat sources with Apple Watch. Because they will damage the screen.
1. Turn off your Apple Watch.
2. Remove it from the charger if Apple Watch is connected to a power source.
3. Wipe the Apple Watch screen with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If desired, slightly dampen the cloth with clean water before wiping.
Solution 6: update your Apple Watch
Before updating Apple Watch
1. Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
2. Make sure your iPhone has the latest version of iOS.
3. Keep Apple Watch close to iPhone.
4. Connect Apple Watch to a power source and wait for it to charge to 50%.
5. Do not disconnect Apple Watch from the power source until the update is complete.
To update your Apple Watch,
1. On your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
2. Select the “My Watch” tab.
3. Scroll down to General and tap it.
4. Click Software Update.
5. Then click Download and Install if an update is available.
6. Click Agree to continue.
7. Enter your password if required.
8. When the update process begins, you will see a progress wheel on your Apple Watch.
9. When the update process is complete, your Apple will reboot automatically.
Solution 7 – Disconnect and re-pair your Apple Watch
1. Connect iPhone to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
2. Make sure there is not too much distance between Apple Watch and iPhone. Keep them as close as possible.
3. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
4. Tap the My Watch tab.
5. Tap Apple Watch when it appears at the top of the screen.
6. Then tap the information symbol (i) next to the watch to disconnect it from the iPhone.
7. Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
8. After breaking the pair, you can see the message about the need to restore again. You can repair it if you want.